On Riley's blog she uses all song titles. I am going to use all book titles. And so I will issue to you the same challenge she has - if you can guess the author's name of the title listed . . . e-mail me!
Lacey Listens To . . .
Thanks for connecting me with pandora.com Emma. I love it!!
Coldplay (Bergen's favorite band)
Derek Webb
Indigo Girls
Jack Johnson
Ben Harper
And, through no choice of my own, The Beatles and The Jonas Brothers (urghhh)
Happy Fourteenth Birthday Riley!! Can you believe this? This girl is fourteen! Who can remember when she was six, with a Southern drawl? Or when she had the sweetest pixie haircut? Or when she sat in a barn yard and watched the birth of tiny goats? Or when she wore a soccer jersey longer than her legs and ponytails scattered throughout her head? I remember. I remember.
These are my musings on motherhood ... this overpowering, terrifying, amazing, exhausting, incredible opportunity of an adventure in which I have found myself in the midst.
This is what I think about my kids, your kids and everyone else's kids.
Consider these the scattered thoughts of a mother in the middle of a mayhem that she helped to create and is now simply trying to navigate through without losing her sanity, her soul or her self.
Our family recently visited some of our favorite cousins in the Williamsburg area. The kids saw the beach, some of them for the first time. They played with cousins Erick and Amber and visited Aunt Vonnie and Uncle Harold. They also had a treat in being able to see Uncle Danny, to whom London refers as "the peanut uncle". We love you Uncle Danny!
Love You Forever
A Separate Peace
We had a great day yesterday, just sitting on a blanket in the front yard, watching the wee ones play in the stream and Piper playing on the blanket while Riley and I read Anne of Green Gables - how truly idyllic!
The Awakening
Two bedrooms are still under construction at our house. Until Bergen's bedroom is completed, he is bunking with Riley. He has his own little bed that slides under her bed during the day, but from what I an tell, he jumps inbed with Riley almost every night. Riley is enjoying the cuddling though and has never complained about sharing with her younger brother. In fact, we think Riley has some magic over Bergen. He does not care to take medicine. (That is a euphemism for "Bergen has to be practically tied down and the medicine has to be shoved down his throat in a screaming battle every time".) With that said, one day Riley said to Bergen, "I want you to just drink this medicine like a big boy." And he said, "Okay, Riley". Kevin and I smiled politely, waiting for the screaming to commence. Then we watched, in silent awe, as Bergen received the cup from his sister, turned the bottle up and drank it like it was chocolate milk. Amazing!
A Good Man Is Hard To Find
When Emma brought the boys to "help us pack" we were surprised to see that Bergen and Cole were dressed exactly alike. (Okay, only Lacey was truly surprised to see this coincidence!) Nice taste, fellas.
Last Child in the Woods
Our friend Raven came to visit before the big move. She and London loved being the bosses of Mosely and Bergen. They pretty much dictated everyone's thoughts.
2 pieces of candy! Yum!:
Is that Cole with Bergen??
yes it is - can you believe that curly hair??
Post a Comment