I don't even know where to begin.
The drive to Florida was ..... long. Me, "alone" with five kids. (Kevin came the next day with Austin and Jon.) But it was a good drive overall, thanks in large part to a great lunch at Five Guys and an audio tape version of the The Princess Bride.
The times were great at the Wickstrum house - Florida-side. The kids all played together really well. Piper Finn loved pushing everyone around on their cars - we need more of those! Cooking was fun, eating was great, everything was delicious. It was really fantastic - what a fun way to spend a holiday! I do not have enough good adjectives or phrases to give the day justice. "A day well-spent brings happy sleep." (DaVinci)
Rehearsal day was fun for me ---nails done while Kevin stayed at the hotel with kids. I think they actually watched Jeremiah Johnson. Seriously. The dinner after the rehearsal was so tasty! And the kids are all big enough to sit at their own table - such an odd experience. Following the rehearsal, back at the hotel, hanging out in Terry's room may have been my favorite part of the day!
The wedding day seemed normal and on schedule until a naked Bergen, on his way to the bathtub, slipped on the wet floor and cracked his chin on the edge of the toilet. Yes, he did. Thankfully, marching down the hall like some super medical team, came our own army of professional men -- doctor, paramedics, x-ray guy and Austin. With some gear from their cars (!) they fixed up Berg's chin with strips of stuff and he was good to go. Although Pappa Dale did say he would take him to a "plastics" guy on Monday. Do we have a plastics guy yet? We probably need one! (Maybe Riley should train in the medical field to save us a few dollars in our future!)
The wedding was lovely - I will never promote boring black tuxedos again.....brown is the new black! Sarah was beautiful and she Erik looked wonderful together. The dance floor was a success and Piper was a tiny Dancing Queen.
All in all, the long drive there and the even longer drive home was more than worth it. What a great way to spend a week!!
4 pieces of candy! Yum!:
This was an amazing weekend for sure! I am so happy that you guys were there! and yes, terry's room was soo much fun... as much fun as truth and dare though??? I dont know!
Cranberry Thanksgiving! One of my favorite books!!! It is currently on my shelf even. Sounds like a great holiday!
My life seems really dull and boring as the kids have grown up and moved on and will not often let me string necklaces or dress them up in costumes but I enjoy so much reading about your exciting life. Love you guys! You are, my dear cuz ,a fabulous writer !!! And by the way. Riley gets more beautiful every time I see her picture!
Yeah - a Sherry comment - those are so few and far between. I think it made my day!!
Post a Comment