CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 22, 2009







Riley and I had our turn for a little downtown Greenville field trip excitement.






We headed to the Peace Center for a production of CSI:Live, an interactive mystery-science-forensics theatre experience. All the schools were seated together and since our "school" is so small (hehe) we had stellar box seats in our own private balcony, as if we were royalty. It was cool! The play was interesting and informative and we got a big kick out of it.






Next we shopped around a while in Mast General Store, you know, calculating sales and percentages and doing general math in our heads. We figured that there was a great deal on Keen sandals for all size 7 people - which is unfortunately NOT either of us. So sad! But I did find a crazy good sale on Columbia shirts and used my special craigslist sales money to purchase two shirts and a great bag. (I bet Emma will want it when she sees it.)






Lunch was Riley's choice and she chose Sticky Fingers. I was happy to oblige because Kevin never chooses barbecue places and any meat product slathered in barbecue sauce is a good meat product. Riley actually ate ribs and covered herself in a towel, provided by the restaurant. Turns out, she needed that towel - man, she was a mess!!! (I wish we had pictures of that!)






We found ourselves with time on our hands before our afternoon museum destination opened so we sauntered down Main Street to the Beaded Frog, the grooviest bead bar hidden under the street almost. We both made necklaces and the clasps were these tiny magnets - very clever!






After our beading we drove to Bob Jones University (can anyone believe I drove there on purpose??) and we toured their famous Museum & Gallery. It holds the largest collection of religious art in the United States. Who knew? The art was magnificent actually, with pieces by some very famous names, although Rembrandt is the only name I an recall right now. Riley tried her hand at imitating some of the art work and I choose to write poetry about it instead. I know my limitations. We both decided the early artists really saw everything holy as also sad because every piece just reeked of loneliness or despair or rejection. It was not a joyous collection. Seems ironic, I think.






The day could not have been a better way to spend time with my beautiful eldest daughter.






"A day well spent brings happy sleep." (-DaVinci)

3 pieces of candy! Yum!:

Emma Joersz said...

That sounds like such a fun & special day to share together! And I bet I will like your fun new bag! Bags are so much fun!

Maggie Michael said...

Do you have something against Bob Jones? Honestly, I think that I want to borrow your daughter to take a tour down there one day. I have always wanted to see what it was like!

Amy said...

This makes me look forward to (instead of fret about) the girls being older and getting to do things like that together! :)

Amy