CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Alexander and The Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day


Okay..... the title is overly dramatic. But then, I think I am overly dramatic. And I am pretty sure I have five children who are..............ummmmmmmmmmm............ overly dramatic.
What can I say?
Today, at the lodge, as I was standing within almost arm's reach of Bergen, I said, "Come on, son. It's time to go." And, amazingly enough, Bergen did not argue or say no. In complete obedience (what in the world??) Berg came running to me. The only problem was, between he and I stood the open tailgate of a truck.
Down goes Bergen. Hard.
Fortunately, the tailgate missed his eye......thank the Lord and he recovered within a few minutes. Jane cleaned up his eye - because I am bad with blood. (Thanks Jane.)
So that was today.
Sigh.

4 pieces of candy! Yum!:

Anonymous said...

erik did that when he was about 2 and not so tall...caught him at the hairline...we were at the beach...blood and sand everywhere...ahhhh, memories :D

Anonymous said...

bergen is such a tough guy that he does not even look upset with his wound, which should leave a great scar, by the way ;)

Maggie Michael said...

Ouch! Silly tough boy!

Unknown said...

Try having 2 of those accident prone kiddos! My boys are always doing something.....it usually has to do with flying off the couch or chair or something outside. It is inevitable that one or the other gets hurt. I honestly do not even know how many times a day!! Now, they wrestle, sit on each other, and everything in between. Oh, the life of boys.