CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Katy and the Big Snow


It's back-to-school time. And some Keigley kids greet the new school week with joy and anticipation and some with sighs and moans.


The wee ones and I are reading Katy and the Big Snow this week (wishful thinking, on my part, with 60 degree weather here and nothing but rain, rain, rain). Yesterday we made a giant map of a town we created - Popperville. Popperville features Mosely's Ballerina Studio, Daddy's Coffee Shop, Lacey's Library, Bergen's Chocolate Dipping Factory, Riley's soccer field and the house where London lives. Oh and I think Piper has a crib factory somewhere on the edge of town as well.


Riley began guitar lessons today and is currently almost done with a 700 plus page book about Abraham Lincoln! (Written by our "relative" Carl Sandburg - have I mentioned that I am sort of related to Mr. Sandburg?) She is on the sixth book in the Anne of Green Gable series and the fifth book in the Narnia series. Plus, she is pretty excited because the word on the street is that soccer try outs are upcoming.


So go the days at the School of Keigley. By the way, South Carolina homeschool law actually requires a name for your homeschool - so if you guys have any fun suggestions, just let us know.

7 pieces of candy! Yum!:

Emma Joersz said...

Can I have a shop in your wee little town of Popperville? You should submit a school name that is spelled wrong or improper. I know it would drive you crazy, but it would be funny to see if they accept it.

Anonymous said...

how, um, rebellious of you miss emma!

Anonymous said...

is there a school in Popperville?
Popperville School ;D
Oh, and Happy Birthday, Kevin!!!

Iz World said...

Anne of Green Gables is my all time favorite book and movie in the whole world!! I think I can recite a lot of it, I've seen and read it so many times.. lol..

Lacey said...

Riley and I want to take a girls trip to Prince Edward Island after we finish the series ---- you should plan to join us!!

Abbey said...

Prince Edward Island is up our way, ya know!

Kristie said...

I love Anne with an "e" too...fun to read the update on your family!!!