When we lived in Virginia we always felt as if summer began the day the Wickstrum's suburban swirled up the dust as it roared down the driveway for the first time each summer.
Living at Look Up, I guess summer ends here the day the staffers pass out hugs and slowly drive away to their other families in various and sundry locations.
What an incredible, exhausting, emotional, bizarre, hilarious, beautiful summer it has been.
We have loved the summer staffers here at Look Up - all 25 of these outstanding people. The kids have truly believed that the summer staffers primarily existed to hug them, help them climb trees (thanks Andrew), play in the water with them (Stacy, Becky, Rachael, Lanier, Torrye ....) laugh at their jokes, talk about the Beatles (Nate) and perform all the skits and songs just for their amusement!
Bergen has learned to pretend that the tree house at the top of the swing set is an airplane that he should pretend to skydive from thanks to some staffers' weekend excursion. London now thinks it is hysterically funny to see boys dressed in girls' t-shirts and insists on putting Bergen in her pink Tinkerbell pajamas for laughs. Mosely reminds Bergen daily that it is a "girls' day, not a boys' day" every morning. Riley is excited to be wearing all of Katie's clothes now. Piper gives high-fives now and doesn't hold any grudges against Nate and Chris for the harrowing diaper change experience.
O, Summer Staffers - the Keigleys love you.
8 pieces of candy! Yum!:
I see that you wish you would get more comments on your blog. So here is one. We are looking forward to seeing you guys sometime soon. Are Disney plans still in your future at all? We want to have some visitors.
So you comment on Gretchen's blog but what about me? What about me? I got her started in this blogging thing and now she gets all the visits I get jeffed to the left!
WHAT? HOw did you change that to pieces of candy? I'm going to change mine today. So fun! What did I say my comments were like? I forget. Anyways, Hope you're having a good day. Our phone call ended quick- I'll call today. Naptime?
Naptime should be great - ahh, sweet naptime, how I am already looking forward to it.
mmm candy... I dont know what happened to the peice of candy that you left me. But isn't Gray cute!!!
I am glad that you enjoyed your summer, If you need to recruit staffers let me know and we will have you all come and talk at Bluefield College! We host camps often. And it would be an excuse to come up to see me.
Noooo...it is not the end of summer yet. Don't say that.
I'm leaving a dark chocolate M&M:-)
Big sweet piece of candy from the opposite side of the ocean. ;-)
It sounds just wonderful what you all have experienced during summer... Lovely time!!
Hope to visit you during one of the upcoming summers..
big hugs from germany to you!
COOL! Pieces of candy! How did you do that? I think I said mine was like ice cream...hmmm...maybe I will change it.
Oh Dear Bosco & Kip- I have not forgotten about my dear friends. We should definitely write more and keep in touch though. (These babies write more to each other than we do! How is your new house? Do you both like to play in the creek? Are you taking care of the kids? I hope to see you both soon. Perhaps I can come visit sometime this fall.
Love,
Jenga
Post a Comment